Materials Research Center, Technology Development Institute, Sharif Branch of ACECR, Tehran, Iran
In the present research, amorphous Fe73.5Si13.5B9Nb3Cu1 Finemet foils, 21-26µm in thickness and 5mm in width, were prepared by Planar Flow Casting (PFC) process. Wound cores of amorphous Finemet foils were simultaneously annealed and heat treated at 540°C for 60, 120 and 240 minutes in steam and air flow to form oxide insulating coating layer on both surfaces of the foils. The structure of nanocrystalline foils was examined by X-ray diffractometry (XRD). The thickness and chemical composition of the insulating coating layer were studied by Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FE-SEM), Grazing Incidence XRD (GI-XRD) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) techniques. The results show that the coating thickness formed on air and wheel surfaces of the foil was in the range of 65-310 nm and these thin coating layers contain a mixture of iron, silicon, boron and niobium oxides. The study of magnetic properties in amorphous and nanocrystalline states revealed that nanocrystalline cores have superior soft magnetic properties compared with the amorphous ones. In other words, the heat treatment gives rise to a decrease in hysteresis loss and a significant increase in saturation induction and magnetic permeabilities.
Yoshizawa, Y., Oguma, S., Yamauchi, K., 1988a. New Fe-Based Soft Magnetic-Alloys Composed of Ultrafine Grain-Structure. J. Appl. Phys. 64, 6044.
Willard M. A. and Daniil M., "Nanocrystalline Soft Magnetic Alloys Two Decades of Progress", Handbook of Magnetic Materials, Vol. 21, Elsevier Science, 2013, pp. 173-342.
Wood, R., Lathlaen, R. and Beckham, W. C., "Magnetic Core Insulation", United States Patent No. US 2004/0007291 A1, Jan. 15, 2004.
Hasegawa, R. and Kroger, C. E., "Magnetic Implement Using Magnetic Metal Ribbon Coated with Insulator", United States Patent No. US 2005/0221126 A1, Oct. 6, 2005.
Mirzaei, S., “Production of Nanocrystalline Transformer Cores in Laboratory Scale”, Research Project, Technology Development Institute, Sharif Branch of ACECR, July 2015 (in Persian).
Shahri, F., Beitollahi, A., Shabestari, S.G., Ghanaatshoar, M., Tehranchi, M.M., Mohseni, S.M., Roozmeh, S.E., Wanderka, N. and Fiorillo, F., “Structural characterization and magnetoimpedance effect in amorphous and nanocrystalline AlGe-substituted FeSiBNbCu ribbons”, J. Magn. Magn. Mater, Vol. 312, 2007, pp. 35–42.
Hosseini-Nasb, F., Beitollahi, A. and Moravvej-Farshi, M.K., “Effect of crystallization on soft magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Fe80B10Si8Nb1Cu1 alloy”, J. Magn. Magn. Mater, Vol. 373, 2015, pp. 255–258.
Sohrabi, S., Arabi, H., Beitollahi, A. and Gholamipour, R., “Planar Flow Casting of Fe71Si13.5B9Nb3Cu1Al1.5Ge1 Ribbons”, J. Mater. Eng. Perform, Vol. 22, Issue 8, 2013, pp. 2185-2190.
Jazayeri Gharehbagh, A., Molla, J., Esfahani, M., Binesh, B., Kiani, M., Mirzaei, S., Arouni, H., Bakhtiari, R. and Parvizi, S., “Rapid Solidification Processing and Its Application in Production of Amorphous and Nanocrystalline Materials”, 1st ed., Sharif Branch of ACECR, 2011 (in Persian).
10. Herzer, G., "Nanocrystalline Soft Magnetic Alloys", Handbook of Magnetic Materials, Vol. 10, Elsevier Science, 1997.
11. Vishwanadh, B., Balasubramaniam, R., Srivastava, D. and DEY, G. K., "Effect of Surface Morphology on Atmospheric Corrosion Behaviour of Fe-based Metallic Glass, Fe67Co18Si14B1", Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 31, No. 4, 2008, pp. 693–698.
12. Pascuta, P., Borodi, G., Bosca, M., Pop, L., Rada, S. and Culea, E., "Preparation and Structural Characterization of Some Fe2O3-B2O3-ZnO Glasses and Glass Ceramics", J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., Vol. 182, 2009, 012072.
13. Serra, J., Gonzalez, P., Liste, S., Serra, C., Chiussi, S., Leon, B., Perez-Amor, M., Ylanen, H.O., Hupa, M., "FTIR and XPS Studies of Bioactive Silica Based Glasses", J. Non-Cryst. Solids, Vol. 332, 2003, pp. 20–27.
14. Pernice, P., Aronne, A., Sigaev, V., Kupriyanova, M., " Crystallization of the K2O.Nb2O5.2SiO2 Glass: Evidences for Existence of Bulk Nanocrystalline Structure", J. Non-Cryst. Solids, Vol. 275, 2000, pp. 216-224.
15. Bhagavannarayana, G., Ananthamurthy, R. V., Budakoti, G. C., Kumar, B. and Bartwal, K. S., "A study of the effect of annealing on Fe-doped LiNbO3 by HRXRD, XRT and FT–IR", J. Appl. Cryst., Vol. 38, 2005, pp. 768–771.
16. Tolstoy, V. P., Chernyshova, I. V. and Skryshevsky, V. A., "Handbook of Infrared Spectroscopy of Ultrathin Films", John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2003.