Department of Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials, Materials and Energy Research Center (MERC),karaj.Iran
Nanostructured SnO2 thin films were prepared using Electron Beam-Physical Vapor Deposition (EB-PVD) technique. Then Ag nanoparticles synthesized by laser-pulsed ablation were sprayed on the films. In order to form a homogenous coated of SnO2 on the glass surface, it was thermally treated at 500°C for 1 h. At this stage, the combined layer on the substrate was completely dried for 8 h in the air at room temperature right after the Ag colloidal NPs were sprayed on the tin oxide layer. The crystal structure and surface morphology of thin film were studied by X-ray diffraction (XRD), electron diffraction x-ray (EDX), transition electron microscopy (TEM) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). The average crystallite size of SnO2 nanoparticles estimated by XRD was about 9 nm. On the other hand, the SnO2 NPs with 6 nm size were distributed by the TEM image. The thickness of SnO2 –Ag layer was measured about 2.48 µm.
J. Aguilar-Leyva, A. M. de la L Maldonado, “Gas-sensing characteristics of undoped-SnO2 thin films and Ag/SnO2 and SnO2/Ag structures in a propane atmosphere”, Materials Characterization, Vol. 58, 2007, pp. 740 – 744.
R. S. Khadayate, R. B. Waghulde, M. G. Wankhede, “Ethanol vapour sensing properties of screen printed WO3 thick films”, Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 65, 2007, pp. 111-113.
T. Seiyama, A. Kato, K. Fujiishi, M. Nagatan, “A new detector for gaseous components using semiconducting thin films” Anal Chem., Vol. 34, 1962, pp. 1502–3.
S. Wolf, B. Nicolae, W. Udo, “Sensing of hydrocarbons and CO in low oxygen conditions with tin dioxide sensors: possible conversion paths”, Sens. Actuators B Chem., Vo. 103, 2004, pp. 362–368
U. Kreibig, M. Vollmer, Optical Properties of Metal Clusters, Springer Series in Material Science 25; Springer: Berlin, 1995.
L. Kelly, E. Coronado, L. Zhao, G.C. Schatz, “The Optical Properties of Metal Nanoparticles: The Influence of Size, Shape, and Dielectric Environment”, Phys. Chem. B, Vol. 107, 2003, pp. 668–677.
C. Noguez, “The Influence of Shape and Physical Environment”, J. Phys. Chem. C, Vol. 111, 2007, pp. 3806–3819.
P. V. Kazakevich, A. V. Simakin, V. V. Voronov, G. A. Shafeev, “Laser induced synthesis of nanoparticles in liquids”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 252, 2006, pp. 4373–4380.
Y. Zijie, D. B. Chrisey, “Pulsed laser ablation in liquid for micro-/nanostructure generation”, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Vol. 13, 2012, pp. 204–223.
10. M. S. Tong, G. R. Dai, Y. D. Wu, D. S. Gao, “High sensitivity and switching-like response behavior of SnO2-Ag-SnO2 element to H2S at room temperature”, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron., Vol. 11, 2000, pp. 661-665
11. J. Li, Y. Wang, X. Gao, Q. Ma, L. Wang, J. Hang, “H2S sensing properties of the SnO2-based thin films”, Sens. Actuators B. Vol. 65, 2000, pp. 111–113
12. G. Blandenet, M. Court, Y. Lagarde, “Thin layers deposited by the pyrosol process”, Thin Solid Films, Vol. 77, 1981, pp. 81-90
13. T. Okuno, T. Oshima, S. D. Lee, and S. Fujita, “Growth of SnO2 crystalline thin films by mist chemical vapour deposition method,” Physica Status Solidi C, vol. 8, 2011, no. 2, pp. 540–542.
14. T. Mohanty, Y. Batra, A. Tripathi, and D. Kanjilal, “Nanocrystalline SnO2 formation using energetic ion beam,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 7, 2007, pp. 2036–2040
15. G. Neri, A. Bonavita, G. Rizzo et al., “Towards enhanced performances in gas sensing: SnO2 base nanocrystalline oxides application,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 122, 2007, pp. 564–571.
16. K. S. S., Harsha Principles of Physical Vapor Deposition of Thin Films, Elsevier Science, Great Britain, 2006
17. M. Ganjali, M. Ganjali, S. Khoby, M. A. Meshkot, “Synthesis of Au-Cu nano-alloy from monometallic colloids by simultaneous pulsed laser targeting and stirring”, Nano-Micro Letters, Vol. 3, 2011, pp. 256-263
18. B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray Diffraction, 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley, London, 1978.
19. X. Gao, G. Gu, Z. Hu, Y. Guo, X. Fu, “Simple Method for Preparation of Silver Dendrites” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical Engineering Aspects, Vol. 254, 2005, pp. 57 – 61
20. A. Hassanjani-Roshan, M. R. Vaezi, A. Shokuhfar, Z. Rajabali, “Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles via sonochemical method and their Characterization” Particuology, Vol. 9, 2011, pp. 95–99